If you are creating your own custom point table or adding a sub-factor to an existing point you can follow these steps:
Click the green + Add Job Factor button. A Modal (pop-up window) will appear and you can enter information accordingly (you can edit or remove any information from the Point Table after it has been created):
- Factor: Drop Down Menu - Choose the main category for the sub-factor being added, must be Skill, Effort, Responsibility or Working Conditions.
- Sub-Factor – Text Field - Full name of the Sub-Factor
- Short Code – Text Field - A short form of the name used in table to conserve screen space when displaying in tables
- Weight – Number Value - The relative value of the factor in relation to the other factors. In a 1000 point table all weights added together will equal 100 and are equivalent to a percentage.
- Levels – Whole Number Value - The number of unique levels with the sub-factor (each level will have it own rationale)
- Calculation type – Drop Down Menu - Choose custom or a mathematical formula to determine actual point values for each level of the sub-factor
- Zero-Based - Distributes points evenly across all levels and half levels
- Weight Based – Distributes points evenly across all levels after setting level 1 to 10% of total points – thus the minimum evaluation score would be 100 in a 1000 point table if each sub-factors was evaluated at a level 1 .
- Custom – Allows you enter any value for any level – once selected a table appears with the number of levels (including half levels) for you to fill in with the customer values.
- Click Add Factor Rationale or Add Without Factor Rationale to create the Sub Factor (you can add or edit the Sub-Factor Rationale at any point and do not need to create immediately).