The Job Wizard feature allows you to evaluate Job Classes within the Compensation Tool by selecting the score for each sub-factor through a web interface that shows the rationale associated to each of the specific levels within the sub-factor.
Accessing The Wizard
The Wizard is accessible through 2 different methods depending on whether or not the Job Class being evaluated has been added to project yet.
1. If the Job Class has not been added to the Project, the user can select the JOB WIZARD button above the evaluation table to open a pop-up window requesting the Job Number and Job Class Title. Once once enter the user will be taken to the Job Wizard to evaluate the Job Class.
2. For Job Classes that already exist in the Compensation Tool (either previously added, added through the Quick Add button or added in a different section), the Wizard is accessible from the Job Evaluation Table by clicking the WIZARD button in the row of the Job Class you wish to evaluate.
Using The Wizard
Once you have entered the Wizard, you will see navigation between the different sub-factors on the left hand side of the page. You can go through the sub-factors in sequential order by evaluating and selecting the next button at the bottom of the rationale selector window or by clicking on a sub-factor name in the left hand column. Before you start evaluating a job you can any helpful information in the Additional Notes field on the Job Detail page of the Wizard (date of evaluation, state of evaluation etc...).
Once you have the sub-factor you wish to evaluate selected, you can provide examples or notes for the specific factor within the Examples field. When added, Examples are usually added to support the evaluation with information from the Job Documentation specific to the factor, but it is not limited in how it is used.
When you are ready to evaluate, simply select the most appropriate level by clicking the radio button in the Level Select column associated to the score. Once selected, nothing else is required and your selection is automatically saved and will be updated in the Job Evaluation table.
Evaluating With Half Levels
There are several different scenarios where half levels may or may not be required as outlined below:
1. The default HCI Job Evaluation Tool makes use of Half Levels, however your Job Evaluation Tool may not and in which case you should not select half levels.
2. Explicit Half Levels, some sub-factors have no room for variance between levels in sub-factors, for example in the sub-factor "Experience" (HCI Standard Evaluation Tool) - a level 3 is up to 1.5 years but more that a 2.5, which is up to 1 year and less than 3.5 with is up to 2 years - there is no grey area between these and hence explicit half levels are turned on in the Point Table section and shown with rationale against the half level in the Wizard.
3. For sub-factors with a number distinct of rationale for each level it is sometimes difficult to select between levels when evaluating, hence a half point may be chosen where the Job Class meets all the criteria of a lower level and some of the criteria (but not all) of the higher level. If this is your scenario, you may choose a half level. After selecting the half level the SELECT RATIONALE button will be enabled. When you click on the SELECT RATIONALE button a pop-up window will appear with radio buttons beside each of the distinct lines of rationale associated to the next level rationale, you can select which rationale applies to the evaluation to justify the half level and this will be saved for future use or exporting.
Note: You do not have to select the rationale that applies to the Job using the SELECT RATIONALE button for the half level to be applied to the Job and scored properly. This feature is for the current and future evaluator(s)' benefit.